posted Oct 19, 2011, 12:54 PM by Greg Kent
updated Oct 19, 2011, 1:00 PM
As a result of qbo.Heartbeat.dll being included in qbo.Core and put in the GAC, there is some confusion around how to configure heartbeat. Heartbeat has a stand-alone solution outside of Core/CoreWeb but since qbo.Heartbeat.dll is put in the GAC, qbo.Heartbeat.dll needs to be referenced from Core and CoreWeb.
To configure a site to use heartbeat, the configuration only needs to utilize Core and CoreWeb.
- Modify Heartbeat.config
- Replace top level node in Heartbeat.config with the value below. This ensures the HearbeatConfig from the GAC is being instantiated
<HeartbeatConfig type="qbo.Heartbeat.HeartbeatConfig, qbo.Heartbeat">
<HeartbeatConfig type="qbo.Heartbeat.HeartbeatConfig, qbo.Heartbeat, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2062e6b5d5159047">
- Ensure ApplicationWeb/HearbeatService.asmx is being invoked by support. Support will invoke HearbeatService.asmx from a virtual directory on a given site that is configured to use BASIC authentication. For most QBO sites, this is the <WebsiteRoot>/Service folder. Ensure:
- qbo.ApplicationWeb.dll resides in <WebsiteRoot>/Service/bin
- Application/HearbeatService.asmx resides in resides in <WebsiteRoot>/Service OR a virtual directory to <Source>/Application is mapped under <WebsiteRoot>/Service
- At this point, Heartbeat is configured for the application. The application owner must decide which heartbeat plug-ins to implement for a given application. The plug-ins dlls are part of the Heartbeat stand-alone solution.