Microsoft's Web Capacity Analysis Tool is Quandis' preferred tool for load testing QBO websites. It allows us to simulate thousands of users hitting our sites simultaneously.
To set up WCAT, do the following:
- Download and install WCAT.msi on a VM in one of our data centers (this will be the WCAT controller; you are welcome to use CTOPG)
- Create a host file entry for the machine you are testing (this bypasses our firewall)
- Create 1 scenario and 1 settings file (see examples below)
- Open a CMD prompt, change directory to the WCAT folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\wcat) and start the controller
- e.g. C:\Program Files\wcat>wcat.wsf -terminate -run -clients localhost -t samples/scripts/sats.ubr -f samples/scripts/sats.settings.ubr -s sats.quandis.com -singleip -x
- Open a CMD prompt, change directory to the WCAT folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\wcat) and start a client