Quandis uses a source control solution called SubVersion, or SVN. You can integrate with our source control by following the instructions below.
- 32bit and 64bit available on this page.
- Leaving all default options through the install is fine.
- Reboot required. Highly suggested that you reboot after install.
- NOTE: If you run the newest install (at the time of this email it was 18.104.22.16836), and you do not see any tortoise options when you right-click in Windows Explorer… re-run the installer and choose the “Repair” option.
- This is not required for day-to-day development, but you will rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Ankh (Optional, Free Source Control access from Visual Studio)
WinMerge (Optional, Free windows diff tool)
Once you have your password to access Subversion, please pull down the entire code base. You will be prompted for your username and password. Your username is your first initial and last name. e.g. tcroxford
Create a new folder to contain all of your source
- I suggested that you keep this folder on the root of one of your drives.
- do not use My Documents or Libraries; Windows 7 paths will break SVN
- There are a few projects in source that have very deep folders which can cause Windows to blow up, so putting your source folder any deeper than a few folders in is not advised.
- E.g. C:\Source\Trunk\
Check out the repository
- Open your new folder in Windows Explorer
- Right-click and choose “SVN Checkout”
- In the tortoise check out window:
- URL of repository: http://source.quandis.com/svn/Trunk
- Checkout directory: <Your source location will be pre-populated>
- Checkout Depth: Fully recursive (default)
- Do not check “Omit externals”
- Revision: HEAD revision
- On a side note, this is how you can check out a past revision number if needed.
- Click OK
- This will pull down the entire trunk. All projects. The process took me about 30 minutes total (with me being the only user).